Sunday, January 13, 2008

a tribute to my mom

The title makes it sound like this post is going to be a sappy read, but don't worry, it's not (although there may be one in the future). Really, I was just fooling around with some pictures that I love and I came across the first one of my mom holding Shiloh DEBORAH Ruth Skipper (emphasis via Grama Debi, aka "Deborah") the day after Shi was born. I just love this picture of my mom. I love it because any time she tries to tell me that she doesn't think she's pretty, I'm going to flash this RIGHT in her face! I love it because I couldn't wait to tell her that we'd named Shiloh after her. I love it because she's such a great mom and a great Grama (not a Great Grama, but great as in awesome). I love it because it reminds me of when we lived in Georgia so far from her and now we're RIGHT UP THE ROAD!! So here's to you, Mom. We love you!

Another picture with props to mom--this is Shiloh a couple of weeks ago in an outfit I wore when I was a little girl. Mom saved it all these years and when she saw Shi in it she said she looked exactly like I used to. Wish I had a picture of me in it--actually there probably is one somewhere--but for now, just picture in your mind :)


just a couple--more I'm trying out frames--any preference?

3 comments:

Debi Umphenour said...

Aubin- thank you- you are so sweet and have made my day! When my daughter is so great, it's easy to be a "great" mom - I love you! The new pictures are so good-I really like the one of Shiloh DEBORAH Ruth with the hood on. And I know there is a picture of you in that outfit - I think your hair was in pigtails - about the only difference, you hair was longer at this age. If you want my imput on your pictures, you'll have to use someone else's less attractive grandchildren - frames, what frames?! tee hee

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Aubin - This is great - I just love it. It is so much fun looking at the great pictures and reading the comments. You do a wonderful job. The new babies are just precious. Talan is soooo cute - can't hardly believe he'll be one. The picture of Shiloh is just unbelievable as that just has to be you. I think I might have a picture of you in that little dress. I'll have to look. The "a tribute to my mom" is so special. The picture is so good. You are right, Debi is a beautiful, loving, and talented lady and I'm so thankful to have her as a sister. I love you all. Love, Aunt Patty